Not sure I like the word “slurpings”…our friend Kendall that works at Edward Sellers Winery calls late afternoon wine “shmackins”; which I think sounds better. So kudos to Kendall!
Anyway, this isn’t about Kendall (sorry KC), it’s about recent things I have been sipping on since Annie can’t help me…the things I do for humanity!! I don’t always take notes because most of you probably don’t care. Many of these were samples, although some were not.
So, let’s get to it…
1) 2009 Columbia Valley Buried Cane No Oak Chardonnay (Middleton Family Wines sample) Nose: nutty, orange, taffy, candy. Palate: slightly sweet, nutty, orange peel.
2) 2009 Ad Lib Chardonnay- Western Australia (Middleton Family Wines sample) Overall notes I took: wet stone, crushed rocks, liked the acid, coastal nose and palate (I’m guessing I meant that it reminded me of the coast…I’m wacky that way)
3) 2010 Ad Lib Chardonnay- Western Australia (Middleton Family Wines sample) Nose: slight candy, wet grass, limey. Palate: light, stone, lemon.
4) 2010 GEN 5 Chardonnay (Clarksburg, CA.) This was given to us at the recent pre-grand opening party at BevMo in Paso Robles.
5) Main & Geary 2010 Chardonnay (Sonoma County) This too was given to us at the recent pre-grand opening party at BevMo in Paso Robles.
6) 2010 October Night Chardonnay (J. Lohr/Arroyo Seco) This wine I love because it has meaning to Annie and I. When we got married 8-1-08 this was the wine (although different year) that we had during the ceremony that we sipped on. One of our favorites!
7) Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager – not my favorite but certainly not the worst thing I’ve had to drink.
8) Duvel Belgian Golden Ale – me likey a lot!
9) Alta Colina Grenache Blanc (Estate) – Maggie, thanks for sharing when we were there for that meeting!! This rocked!
10) 2008 Tobin James Rock-n-Roll Syrah – I’m not a big Syrah fan and when I do partake I prefer cool climate. But I do know LOTS of people dig this bad boy!
11) 2010 J. Lohr Arroyo Seco Viognier (Gesture) – Good stuff, solid Viognier for sure!!
12) 2009 Edward Sellers Le Passage Estate (43% Grenache Blanc, 36% Roussanne, 21% Marsanne) – This…I love!
13) 2009 Chamisal Vineyards Edna Valley Chardonnay – We (well, me) enjoyed this while hanging out with Annie’s mom, Karen at Chamisal…beautiful day and awesome wine!
14) 2011 McManis Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio (sample) – lemon, pear, apricot, pineapple…uhhh…lots of fruity stuff!!
15) Bud Light – I’m including this because I don’t care that you will think less of me. I’m comfortable when I look in the mirror. What can I say…haters gonna hate…right?
So…this is just some of what has aided in keeping me sane recently. I don’t remember to take pictures of everything but I do pretty good, the slideshow below has pictures of all the labels mentioned above. What have YOU been drinking? Cheers!
Hey, like this post? Why not share it!?Tweet