There’s a great little tasting room right in downtown Santa Margarita called Ancient Peaks. It’s located right on the quaint (another word for small, rustic, old) little main drag…if you drive too fast, or blink, you’ll miss the main street of this small town; but that’s the great thing about it!
Ancient Peaks Pours the Good Stuff!
They have a good selection on the tasting menu, including a Sauvignon Blanc, Rose, Merlot, Zinfandel, Petit Verdot (100%!), and a great Red Blend called Oyster Ridge, as well as a very cool tasting room. The staff in there was great, and more than willing to deal with us (we tend to be a little tornadic). Some of the interesting facts:
1) They use about 10% of their own grapes to make their wines and sell off the rest of them (total 966 acres planted).
2) They have roughly 5 or 6 different types of soil on their vineyard property (samples of each type in the tasting room) and;
3) There are three owners with rich family history in the area, which is always amazing to learn more about.
An interesting side note is the fact that they also now have a zip-lining tour you can do, as you’ll hear us chat about in the video…gotta check that out!!
After the tasting room we walked down the street to The Porch, a great little café/deli type of place and had an amazing salad and sandwich….making us hungry just thinking about it now!!
By the way, Ancient Peaks has been “SIP Certified” which means that they’ve figured out how to be “Sustainable In Practice” and passed all kinds of really cool and environmentally friendly tests to show that they care about the environment!
Check it out…you can almost hear the horses running by!!!
- Do Your Wine Marketing Tactics Stink??? (hootnannieblog.com)
- Christian Tietje…”This is Where the Funk Happens!” (hootnannieblog.com)
Hey, like this post? Why not share it!?Tweet